The Unrepentant voluptuary
What does “voluptuary” mean?
- I know it’s obscure, but I love this word! It means “a person devoted to luxury and sensual pleasure”. I am definitely one of those! It’s the Taurus in me.
Why horror? Why erotica?
- The short, simple answer is because I love it. For longer, more in depth explorations of why I write what I write, check out my blog!
What’s your favorite scary movie?
- This is one of those impossible to answer easily questions. I have so many! A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) is my favorite slasher. One that recently got under my skin was The Night House (2021). Since I was a kid, I have loved the movie Paper House (1988). I swear I like movies without the words “night” or “house” in them!
Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla ice cream?
- Yes, please. But honestly, I prefer vanilla with chocolate syrup.
How do you take your tea?
- This is a very important question! If we’re talking about black tea, then I prefer it sweet and tan (3 sugars and a splash of milk/cream). For herbal tea, I like only sugar or honey, nothing else (except maybe lemon if I’m ill).
How did you get started writing?
- I began writing stories at the age of 7. My first story was about a woman scientist witch who lived in a grey world and invented the colors of the rainbow in a cauldron in her basement. So, you know, not much has changed! On a professional level, I began writing for genre website Dread Central all that way back in 2006, thanks to my good friend and soul sister, Debi.
Where do you get your ideas from?
- Everywhere. I know that’s like the most annoying answer ever, but it’s the truth. Everything I read, watch, and listen to sparks ideas in my mind. My brain just LOVES to ask me, “What if…?”
I want to be a writer. Can I send you samples of my writing or tell you about my ideas?
- No, sorry! I’m unable to read others’ writing or advise on stories/books. Please do not send them – you won’t get a response, and they will be deleted. This is a legal issue.
I want to be a writer. Can you give me writing advice?
- Write a lot. Read more. Never give up.
Do you know where I can find fan-fic of your books?
- I live for the day there is fan-fic of my books. However, for legal reasons, I can’t read or acknowledge it. Sorry!
How can I contact you?
- Visit the Connect With Me page for information on how to reach me.